Necessary ingredients for 45 servings
- Plain flour 350 g
- Powdered sugar 200 g
- Vanillin sugar 15 g
- Eggs 2 pcs
- Walnuts 100 g
- Butter 200 g
Vanilla rolls as the equivalent of Christmas?
Try this simple recipe and treat yourself to this dose of vanilla pleasure even outside the holiday season, there are no taste limits!
- Pour 300 g plain flour, 50 g caster sugar, softened butter cut into cubes, ground walnuts and 2 egg yolks into a bowl. Set the egg whites aside. Make a smooth dough, wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Flour the roll and cut the dough into 8 slices. Roll out a snake from each slice and cut it into 6 pieces. Roll out smaller snakes from the prepared pieces and bend them into the shape of a roll.
- Transfer the rolls to a tray lined with baking paper and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 8 minutes.
- Mix both sugars together in a bowl.
- After baking, remove the rolls from the oven and let them rest on a cooling rack for 2-3 minutes. Then carefully roll them in a bowl with sugar.
- Store them preferably in a paper box lined with napkins.