plain flour 500 g
milk 300 ml
butter 50 g
sugar 100 g
dried yeast Papa Baker 20 g
salt 1/2 tsp
In short, no one can tell us that homemade bread is an absolutely wonderful thing! Try our recipe for unique, yet very easy to prepare peels.
- Weigh 500 grams of flour into a bowl, add sugar, then salt and cover with dried yeast.
- Pour milk into a measuring cup and heat it, add butter and pour into a bowl.
- Knead thoroughly. Let the dough rise, covered, for about 30 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Then roll the dough into a thick circle and cut it into 8 pieces like a pizza.
- Roll each piece into an oval and roll up. It is important to dig your fingers into the dough at each fold so that it comes together and there is no snail inside afterwards. Tangle the end under the peel so that it sits on it and does not unravel during baking.
- Let it rise on the tray covered with a towel for another 10 minutes.
- Brush each peel with beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. To enhance the taste, you can also sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack, separate and serve with real butter or your favorite marmalade!